Body contouring treatments are quite popular nowadays. They give you the best option to remove stubborn fat that doesn’t go away even with diet and exercise. There are many spas and clinics that offer a wide range of surgical and non-surgical body contouring treatments but choose wisely—not all clinics are the same. You want to make sure that you choose a San Diego body contouring clinic that not only provides top notch service, but also one that also has the best doctors and experts to care for you.
But first, what is body contouring?
Body contouring, or sometimes called body sculpting, is a collection of non-surgical cosmetic treatments performed to reveal a firmer, and more toned body underneath layers and layers of fat or loose skin.
Our IV therapy in Orange County costs roughly the same as an ER copay. We offer several packages that feature the right blend of vitamins, fluids, nutrients and antioxidants to provide targeted relief for a variety of afflictions.
All of us has a sculpted physique or body just waiting to be revealed. It’s easy to say that one can achieve a sculpted body with diet and exercise, and although they do help, they are not enough to reach our aesthetic goals. San Diego body contouring targets those stubborn fat deposits you can find in the thighs, abdomen, or ‘love handles’ that won’t go away no matter what you do.
What is Non-Surgical Body Contouring?
Non-surgical body sculpting is not intended to be as an alternative weight loss solution. It is ideal for those who have already achieved their desired body weight but wish to get rid of stubborn fat in hard-to-reach areas. This generally pertains to excess fat that resists diet and exercise. To qualify for body contouring, you must have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 30.
It will take several sessions of non-surgical body contouring before you can notice any visible result. You’ll notice that you look shapelier and more toned afterwards.
Non-surgical body contouring: how does it work?
Non-surgical body contouring techniques work in one of two ways. One is by freezing fat cells and eventually destroying them.
Other methods, on the other hand, use heat to dissolve fat in targeted areas. This technique is considered safe for use in a number of areas, such as:
- Upper arms
- Love handles or extra fat around the hips and abdomen
Types of non-surgical fat reduction treatments
Cryolipolysis –cryolipolysis is a minimally invasive technology that uses extreme cold temperatures to break down fat cells, reducing fat packets as a result.
The treatment starts with the surgeon placing a paneled or cupped device on top of your skin around the area to be treated. The temperature in the device is then lowered enough to freeze the fat cells and destroy them. Your skin, muscle, and nerve tissue cells remain unharmed.
- Is an FDA-approved procedure that’s safe for the inner and outer thighs, hips, abdomen, the underarms, the chin, and under the buttocks.
- Is deal for those who want to remove fat bulges without completely reshaping or altering their bodies.
- Has the potential to reduce fat by up to 25% per session
- Each session takes about 35 to 60 minutes to perform. There might be a bit of discomfort although it produces an extreme feeling of coldness
- Results are noticeable within 1 month and maximum results will be visible after 2-3 months.
- This procedure yields long-lasting results so long as you don’t gain significant weight.
Laser Treatment –this is another type of treatment used for body contouring. It works by applying controlled heat to dissolve subcutaneous fat.
During laser treatment, the targeted fatty tissue is heated until the fact cells start to break down. A cooling mechanism simultaneously guarantees that your skin stays safe and unharmed. This type of treatment:
- Is pproved by the FDA for reducing fat on the abdomen and flanks. Your doctor may also recommend it for other parts of the body.
- Painless and may produce a warm feeling during treatment
- Can be performed for at least 25 minutes per targeted area
- Results can be expected after approximately 6 weeks and maximum results in 12 weeks
- Gives lasting results so long as you don’t gain significant amount of weight
Red Light Therapy –this type of body contouring treatment is among the newest technologies approved by the FDA for non-surgical fat reduction. This procedure involves the use of a specialized lamp that sends light of specific wavelengths through the skin. The targeted fat cells are triggered by the light which in return create small openings through which they discharge some of their contents.
Afterwards, the fat cells shrink in size and result to the desired fat loss. San Diego body contouring red light therapy causes excess fat to be released as waste and has a number of benefits such as:
- Ideal for the hips, thighs, abdomen and other areas recommended by your doctor
- Non-invasive and has minimal downtime
- It’s quick and takes about 30 minutes to peform
- Gives you result after three or more sessions
- It is considered a low-risk treatment procedure with no visible side effects, but it is not recommended if you’re pregnant or if your liver function is compromised.
- It gives long lasting results as long as you do not gain a significant amount of weight
Why is non-surgical body contouring better?
Non-surgical body contouring is a better option compared to invasive and surgical options. It is a safe procedure that comes with a number of advantages such as:
- It doesn’t require general anesthesia or incisions and it leaves no scars
- It requires little to no downtime
- It has few or no side effects
- It produces gradual results, so it is considered a discreet treatment
- The result may last so long as you work hard to maintain your ideal weight
What to expect before, during and after San Diego body contouring treatment
You start by consulting your surgeon and explaining to them about your specific goals and expectations. From there they will be able to customize a body contouring plan that meets your needs. Your body contouring plan may include tummy tuck, liposuction, arm or thigh lift. You’ll work together to create a plan that works for the results you want for yourself.
After you schedule your surgery, you’ll be given instructions on how to prepare and help your surgery go as planned, including food, drinks, and medications you should avoid.
After the surgery, you’ll be required to wear compression bands to support your new contours until they heal. Your care team regularly check up on you to make sure your recovery is going smoothly. You may experience discomfort along the way, but it is entirely manageable.